Affordable Scenic Waterfront
With the perfect combination of beauty and simple function, this property is truly unlike any other. From the idylic location, to the simple off the grid amenities, this property offers affordable waterfront access in a prime resort location. Keep browsing to check out the gallery and spec list, and reach out today to schedule a showing.
573 FLEWETT DR ,
DECOURCY ISLAND, BC
Unplugged in stunning beauty
Enjoy beautiful Gulf Island waterfront, off-the-grid living at a remarkably affordable price. This .68 acre property on Decourcy Island is set on a high bank looking southwest with amazing sunset views of Stuart Channel across to Yellow Point and down to Chemanius. This is a magical special place. This 400 sq ft . one room cabin is a beautifully built wood framed structure with vaulting 18’ ceilings. Sleeping is loft style. It’s systems are very simple right now – 300 gallon water reservoir, outhouse, simple solar and propane, wood burning fireplace - it’s really glamping at its best. Because Decourcy is off-the-grid it is quiet ,quiet, quiet. Plans to expand this little cabin have been drawn up and assessed and would be highly feasible and fairly simple to accomplish. Better still this lot has no neighbours to the South and a firebreak beyond – allowing for a full 3.5 acres of solo unimpeded peace and quiet.
For off-the-grid properties, Decourcy Island is remarkable in that it is home to a 40 acre provincial marine park – Pirates Cove. It has a private island Marina where you can dock your boat. Most remarkably it has 2 seaplane flights a day from the South Airport making it 15 minutes affordably accessible from Vancouver’s YVR South Airport. Leave work in Vancouver at 3:00 and you’ll be on Decourcy by 5:00.
The cabin comes furnished with Danish pine sofa, armchair, loft bed, and simple kitchen facilities. All utensils and tools included. Sale includes a 2000 watt EU Honda generator.
Decourcy is one of the best deals in the gulf islands.
Off the Grid Island Oasis
With corner fireplace looking onto waterfront view
18' HIGH CEILINGS
with loft bedroom
curl up by wood fire
CLIFFSIDE HIGH BANK
facing south for spectacular sunsets
• Land Is Freehold
• Walk to marina 12 minutes.
• Walk to South Beach 10 minutes (beautiful in summer with kayak camping in Provincial Park! )
• Our West side location allows 4 bar cell reception and easy wi-fi hook-up through TELUS.
• Taxes $1000 per year
• Fireplace is WETT certified so fully insurable.
• The property falls under the district of Nanaimo. Building structures on Island does not require building permit *
(Nanaimo won't send inspectors to Islands).
• There is no mail service to the Island.
• Roads are maintained as Provincial Roads.
• Moorage in DEIA marina is $1. per foot.
• Closest outside marina access is Boat Harbour on Van Islan Coast or Degnen Bay or Silva Bay, Gabriola. Many folks keep vehicles in those spots.
• Water taxi available via C-Tow
• There are several barge options to get larger materials and stuff on and off the Island.
• There is a CAT loader on the island for hire to clear rock and land and tractor for hire.
• The DEIA also has a large storage yard for hire.
• Please note: A dock of front of property is not really viable due to exposure to Stuart Channel and High Steep cliff face. Also Islands Trust no longer allows docks off properties in this area.
• Resources : talk to WeGo Solar in Chemanius for Solar Installation information.